TOPIC A: The Chilean Museum of Pre-Columbian Art


Hello everyone! This is my last blog of the semester. I will talk about the website I like to visit for my anthropology-archeology studies. 

I often - twice a week- visit the website: Museo Precolombino (This is the link: https://museo.precolombino.cl/), is the official website of the Chilean Museum of Pre-Columbian Art. I like very much! Because offer a patrimonial archive online, for example: (1) courses and workshops of ceramic, textile, and others; (2) educational resources for children and their schools; and (3) they have all the catalogs of their exhibitions in pdf, available for downloading. The last point is important, because I use these catalogs for university research and to do essays, is my basic bibliography of reference. 

Another thing that catches my complete attention is the sound archive, they have recordings of different pre-Columbian instruments, songs, and music. amazing, isn't it? But that's not all, they have two important photography collections: the Lickanantay collection and the Sergio Larraín García-Moreno collection. The first one, it’s about religious festivals in the towns of Ayquina, Toconce and Caspana, recorded in the years of 1992, 1994 and 1996, by Claudio Mercado, Patricia Rodríguez and Pablo Miranda. The second collection consists of photographs from the travels of the museum's founder, Sergio Larrain García-Moreno, he made several trips through the Americas in the 1950s, photographing pre-Hispanic cities in Mesoamerica and the Andes.

I recommend everyone to check out the website! I love it! 💖



The Sergio Larraín García-Moreno collection.


The Lickanantay collection. 


                                                                                   The sound archive in Soundcloud. 


             
                                                                                 This is the format of the website. 













Comentarios

Entradas populares