1. WHO AM I?

    Hi! My name is Evelyn González. I was born on a summer day: on January 13, 1991, at Hospital Salvador in Providencia (Capricorn with the moon in Sagittarius🌞♑🌙♐).I grew up in Las Condes. My family is middle-class. I lived with my grandmother, grandfather, my aunt Pilo, my mother, and my older sister. My aunt Pilo is the one who taught me the art, the music, the movies, the respect, and love💘. She had Down syndrome and died in 2019 at the age of 42. It was a shock for me, I still miss her.


    After leaving school, I studied Art History for two years, I realized that it needs something much more than theory, something more practical, related to the workshop, where the arts come together with applied sciences, I never liked the academic separation of scientific or humanistic that schools teach. Interdisciplinary learning is necessary. 


    Finally, I studied conservation and restoration of art at Escuela de Artes Aplicadas in Santiago,  and I immediately fell in love. Having lectures about Pre-Columbian Art History and Applied Sciences (chemistry restoration) it's what I was looking for, to see heritage objects with a more scientific eye.

 

    I did my professional internship at the Conservation and Restoration Laboratory of the Biblioteca Nacional de Chile, between April and September 2017. I specialized in restoring the heritage of paper materiality, for example: original manuscripts, books, maps, letters, etc.📖💌


    Following my course, I traveled in 2018 to Florence (Italy), where I studied, for a month, conservation and restoration of parchment with the restorer Simonetta Rosatelli, who received me in her private workshop: Atelier Deltos, Laboratorio di Conservazione e Restauro Opere d'Arte su Carta. You will find some pictures below. 


    When I turned 30, I had a mid-life crisis (hahahaha). In Chile, I could not find a job and my economy is not very good. My dream as a child was to study archeology, and with this crisis I said to myself: "why not?” I passed the test, and now I am studying anthropology-archeology at the University of Chile, I am very happy. And my next steps are to study a master's degree at La Sapienza, University of Rome. I am studying Italian, but English is very important, but I think it will never be my strong, I will always speak like Sofia Vergara 💅.

 

Bye! Ciao! ¡Adiós!





Me as a child with my aunt Pilo, in the 90's 💅. 



Me restoring a 1940s advertising poster, at the Biblioteca Nacional de Chile , 2017.



Restoration of parchment, you can see the before and after in the first picture. Florence, 2018.




Eating a focaccia and drinking beer in the Uffizi Gallery. In the back, you can see the Palazzo Vecchio.





















Comentarios

  1. Hi Evelyn! I am happy to meet you. I really enjoyed reading about you. The restoration work looks amazing, and hope someday you can tell me more details about it!
    PS: your aunt Pilo looks like a very sweet and intelligent person. (っ◔◡◔)っ ❤

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Consuelo! I would be happy to talk to you about restoration, and thank you very much for your kind words ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ♡

      Eliminar
  2. It is very cool what you are doing in terms of restoration, it looks very interesting and complicated, I hope you can get your master's degree and get more job opportunities. one question, what is the weirdest or most novel thing you have seen restoring?

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Very good question, i love that. ( ͡๑ ͜ʖ ͡๑) 👉 The strangest book I have ever restored: it is an Elzevir, from 1600, the first pocket books in the world.

      Eliminar
  3. Evelyn!!! I really like the work you do <3. I've always been in awe of conservation and restoration work, but I've never met someone who does it, so I was thrilled when I found your blog. I hope we can talk more about it later, I'll keep an eye out for what you upload!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hi Evelyn! nice to be able to read your post. I love your work and the vision you give it, I am very passionate about history and old records, plus as you commented on my blog, we both bind, we could get together to talk about this. My dream is to get to know Italy and to be able to walk its streets while I learn. A hug. bye!

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares