2. WHY DID I CHOOSE MY MAJOR?

When I was a little girl, around the age of 12, my language teacher asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, my answer was: a war reporter. She was shocked and asked to speak with my parents immediately. The fall of the World Trade Center was something that touched my life. Awakened my desire to be in those places of "danger" to help, to investigate, to record images.


As I grew older - without losing my interest in documentary photography - I was very interested in studying geology, archaeology or art history.

 

When I left school, I studied political science and international relations for two years, it was not my thing, I switched to study art history, but as I said in the previous blog, I needed something more than theory, something more practical, related to the workshop.

 

Finally, I studied conservation and restoration of art at “Escuela de Artes Aplicadas” in Santiago, I immediately fell in love. But the job market is bad, and my economy has not been very good. So I decided to follow my childhood dream, I studied and I got in my first option, the “Universidad de Chile”, it was my only option! 💖💙. And what makes me most happy: is that I am studying for free (Gratuidad).

 

I decided to study anthropology with a major in archaeology, because I like learning about different cultures and discovering how they were, through their objects: ceramics, jewellery, etc. I find it amazing. 💘

 

This summer, I worked as a "conservadora" in charge of two exhibitions: Paisaje de Campo and Trig metawe kura, Cántaro de Piedra Rota, at “Palacio Pereira” (see pictures below). I worked with ceramics, textiles, paintings, etc. But my big dream is to excavate, and find these objects lost in the ground, to bring them out, of the deep darkness they have been in for years. I love what I study, I'm passionate about it. Sometimes I'm stressed, it's a lot of studying, but I will keep going to the end. 



 

In the Facultad de Ciencias Sociales, where I study there are paintings everywhere, I love that. These pictures are from the staircase. 

 

Some pictures of summer work at Palacio Pereira.


Look at all these ceramics mapuche!! Mind-blowing 💖😍







 











Comentarios

  1. Hello Evelyn, you major is very beautiful; all that things are amazing

    ResponderEliminar
  2. It´s amazing your trajectory! I believe what if you talk with the kid Eve is proud of you.
    PD: I can´t believe what your worked in paisaje de campo and Trig metawe kura, Cántaro de Piedra Rota. I went the “Día de los patrimonios” to Palacio Pereira, that are a beautiful exhibition. Now is a most memorable remember.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Mary!! Thanks! (っ◕‿◕)っ ♥ I have bad and good experiences working there, I'll tell you later.

      Eliminar
  3. hello, I love that you were always very determined, a girl out of the ordinary in truth and I'm sure a great professional

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Micka! I love your name (◡‿◡✿) I hope to be a great professional, I'm working in that. XO

      Eliminar
  4. I can tell that you really like the materialization of history, I hope your economy improves soon. Besides, everything you have done is very exciting and you deserve more recognition for it.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Ay! Sergio, thank you for your kind words.
      (っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

      Eliminar
  5. Hi Evelyn! Your story is amazing. The topics you are interested and the places you have visited are very interesting and very similar to what I like. Greetings

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares